Financial Essentials eBook
“I think my accountant may have goofed! Am I ‘on the hook’ if he did? What now?”
(Find the answer in Blue below)
Welcome !. My first eBook for Visual Artists is
Financial Essentials for Visual Artists (Canada).
This is the first of several planned eBooks for Visual Artists. The concept came from considering what I could do to help artists by filling in the gaps with what they need to know but don’t usually have a chance to learn .The info is from an artist’s point of view and in plain English, NOT in account-ese or legalese.
This eBook is about how to save time, money and hassle and still get all you deserve, while keeping on the good side of the Taxman.
Who should buy the eBook?
Does one of the following describe you?
1. You are a Professional visual artist in any media (such as painting, photobased art, sculpture, fibre, fine crafts, etc), whether emerging, mid-career or established ...or..
2. You are considering making the big leap from being a hobbyist to being a professional fine artist and you want to get off on the right foot ..or..
3. You are a Self-employed graphic designer, illustrator or other category of commercial artist.
Frankly if I had had the benefit of the content of this eBook back decades ago, I could have saved myself so very much time, money, worry and stress (aka hassle). I’ve learned all this stuff the long hard way.
Now, I could have kept all this hard won knowledge to myself, but I have decided to share it with fellow artists. So you can now learn it the easy way by leaning on me, and saving yourself lots of time, and money while avoiding unnecessary worry and stress in the process.
In giving my live seminars and workshops for artists for several years on the same topics as in my eBooks, I realized that there are some serious limitations to that system. It is lovely to get together to share ideas, but…
There are many issues …
Such as winter weather, travel time, distance traveled, sudden illness, etc.
Now none of these challenges matters...
You can absorb the material at your leisure and convenience, as often as you need to, whenever you need, in bits and pieces, whatever works for you.
You will have the full 2.5 hours of seminar material at your fingertips in the comfort of your own home or wherever you want to access it on a secure website, via any computer, even your tablet, or smartphone.
And I can update the content to match any changes in laws so your info will always be up to the minute!
In the form of an eBook, this material is now available to visual artists all across Canada.
Please be aware that this particular eBook is based on Canadian Law only, and is intended for Canadian visual artists and any visual artists who will be paying tax to Canada. It is therefore not necessarily of use to artists in any other country (unless they are planning to emigrate to Canada, or are just reading for general content).
>>My name is Jessie Parker. My art studio is in Ottawa, Canada.
Why would I dare to write such a book?
I have a unique background for writing this eBook.
1. I have been a professional visual artist for 48+years
2. I have taught in the arts for many years, mostly adults
3. I drew record crowds at the National Gallery of Canada for several years for public talks on art exhibitions.
But what is really unusual is..
4. I was a Financial Planner (CFP) for 7 years in the 90’s while I was trying to be “normal” for a while. When I retired, they did not do a lobotomy, so I still know all that stuff (LOL), a great background for the financial and legal content.
5. I am NOT an accountant but I have done my own accounts and taxes for over 40 years. I took several accredited accounting courses back in the days when one did it the hard way, on paper by hand with a little calculator. By the 90’s I had graduated to the computer and software. I keep up to date by taking ongoing workshops, and seminars.
6. I have been audited and successfully appealed. I did it mostly DIY but with the help of an accountant.
7. I have already presented the same content as this eBook , in the form of live seminars for visual artists, for several years.
One attendee of one of my Financial Essentials seminars wrote:
“…. I've heard varying pieces of information on what is and is not deductible from a number of artists, so it was a relief to finally get the specifics on the (CRA) rules, particularly those non-deductibles that would normally be assumed as deductibles by artists. I now feel that I have an iron-clad template that I can follow and at a lower cost than what an accountant would charge. I'm so thankful that you've developed both sides of your brain, Jessie….” Annie Swiderski, painter, Quebec .
Another local artist writes:
“I was amazed at the information we need to prepare for our tax man. I now realize, as an artist, to file my business income tax is to be prepared with clear documentation. Also to keep my receipts together , organized . ……. I want to thank Jessie Parker ( for) putting this instructional eBook together, so we can better understand as an artist what is involved in preparing our taxes with an accountant or not.” Josie De Meo, President of Arteast, Visual Artist / Art Teacher, Ottawa, Canada
And yet another artist says:
“This material is well presented with straightforward clarity. Artists are also small business owners. As such they have to pay attention to all the financial details which make a business a success. Taxes are an important part of the revenue process and this will guide anyone through the necessary steps. Best of luck, Jessie, on this important venture!” Mary Ann Varley, Past President Arteast., Visual Artist, Ottawa, Canada
In this eBook, we will cover the following:
· The “when, why and if” re using an accountant
This section alone can save you hundreds, even thousands of $$ over the years.
Don’t get me wrong. I am not against accountants. There are times when they are essential. But by using some savvy, you can stretch your dollar many ways. You will learn how to do that from this eBook.
· What you can and should claim in expenses for your business
I see so many artists who have very strange and erroneous ideas about what they can and can’t claim. This section lays it out very clearly for you, so you won’t make mistakes that could have bad consequences for you.
· What different types of expenses are, what they mean and how to deal with them
We go through every single expense that applies specifically to visual artists, and I make it very clear how to deal with each and every one. This is your tax and accounting manual forever. You would need hours with an accountant at $100+ per hour to cover this stuff.
· HST/GST/PST/QST issues
I make the sales tax stuff simple and easy to understand.
· The best/easiest software to use for accounting and taxes and how to adapt them for artists. Nowadays basic accounting and tax filing is no simple with inexpensive software which is so very easy to use , that all you need to do is data input. And this eBook is very clear on exactly what data to input, so you will have a perfect guideline for what you need. (Note, I do not get paid in any way to recommend any software and I do not sell software.)
· How would you spot any errors?
(Here is the answer to the question at the top):
Yes you are on the hook if your accountant makes an error!!
In fact, you are ultimately legally responsible for what you accountant submits! If there are errors, it is on your head. Could you find an error if you fell over it? Would you know how to correct it? (The eBook teaches you how to find errors and how to correct them).
This eBook will save you many headaches, and in the long run possibly hundreds, even thousands of $$ in costs, expense which could have been avoided if you had had this eBook.
This eBook is the best preventative medicine you will ever find.
· I have also added for you a Bonus eBook:
What If You Are Audited? :
Your rights,... the procedures, how to survive, what to avoid
This last section is based on what I learned from my audit several years ago. I contested 90% of it, and won 100% of what I contested. I learned a lot from that and you will benefit from that experience.
If I had known at the beginning what I learned from going through the audit, I could have saved myself so very much stress and worry. What is in this eBook will take a lot of the fear and stress and worry away for you. This stuff is gold for you.
You will also learn to DIY with a side of advice when you need it. You will learn when you do and don’t need an accountant, and how to best use one when you do need one. This advice could literally save you thousands of $$ !
Since the advice in this eBook can save you hundreds, even thousands of $$, ( assuming you follow it, of course), the value is priceless, but that is hard to quantify, so…
Normally this eBook should be valued at $127
But today, you can get it for only $47
…And that comes with a 60 day money back guarantee! So there is no risk…
Go grab a credit card, and hit the PayPal link below. You'll be taken to your 100% secure order page (I am using PayPal to process the payments with their world-class 128 bit security encryption to make sure everything is safe).
No Risk! If you are unhappy with your eBook within the first 60 days, just get back to me through a contact me form on this website, and a refund will be sent to you.
Note: Once you pay, you will be sent by email a link to a special secret URL where you can access your eBook. Be sure to save the URL for future use.
Valued at: $127 Today: $47
By the way, this eBook is tax deductible/ claimable under “Fees, Line 8760”.
Still not sure? Contact me with any questions using the Contact Form (Please allow 2 days for reply)